Online course now available:
Health and Safety – Hazard and Risk Management.
Unit Standards 30265 (8 Level 3 credits) and 497 (3 Level 1 credits).
You will learn workplace health and safety requirements and legislation. Essential skills that can be used in a wide range of career pathways.
The learning and assessment will all be done online on a learning platform and can be done at your own pace. This includes quizzes and videos and does involve a bit of reading.
If you would like to sign up:
– Email me to let me know! firstname.lastname@example.org
– I will give your parents or guardians a call to gain their verbal permission.
– From there, I will sign you up and you will be sent a link to the online learning platform to start learning.
– You will have three weeks from when you are sent the link to work through the assessment. This is generous – if you want to you can work through it over two days with a few hours each day.
– I will be available if you have any questions – via email or phone, and I will check in with you regularly.
– Once this course is completed, you may be able to add on other Level 3 health and safety standards (if this applies to your career path).
– Last thing to note is that if you do sign up, but do not attempt the unit standard before it expires, you will be charged the cost of the course ($99 + GST). If you get through part of the three weeks and are worried about this, just talk to me about it and I will help you.
I am also working on a Level 2 unit standard worth 2 credits, and am hoping to have this available soon.
What will Gateway look like for the rest of this year?
As things are fluid and will change quickly with Covid 19 and government announcements, I have put together a small table to help give some clarity around what Gateway will look like at each alert level. This may change as we learn more, however it will hopefully give some clarity for what to expect.
There are some things that will stay the same during the second term no matter the alert level:
- Courses will be online only for Term 2.
- There will be no work placements during class hours for Term 2. This will be reviewed and possibly extended for Term 3 or 4. Some exceptions may be made but this will be on a case by case basis.
|Alert Level 4||ELIMINATE – Stay at home.|
|Alert Level 3||RESTRICT – Non-essential businesses and public spaces closed; some schools may be open.|
|Alert Level 2||REDUCE – Physical distancing continues; some businesses working from home.|
|Alert Level 1||PREPARE – Stay at home if sick.|