How to get enough water for your body in a day…
- Start with 1-2 glasses water in the morning when you wake up
- Bring a bottle to school and fill it up to drink between classes and break times.
- Serve all the family a glass of water at dinner time
- Add some fresh lemon or grapefruit juice for flavor and vitamin c (good for winter immunity)
- Drink extra if you have PE or sports
- Listen to your body – if you have dry lips, you may already be 5% dehydrated and need water
- Habits such as learning to drink more water and change your taste buds from sugary drinks take time and effort – hang in there, it’s worth it!
- Download a water app