Family life can be very busy with a lot of commitments, so establishing routines together can make sure that your child is best prepared for success.
- Study every day, from the start of each year. This can be as simple as reviewing what was learnt during the day and coming up with good questions to ask the next day.
- Start studying with your difficult subjects first, then move onto your more enjoyable subjects.
- Study in 20-30 minute blocks having a break between each one.
- Phones and other devices should be charged in a common area, so they are not used to distract from study or late at night.
- Get a good night’s sleep, teenagers generally need 8 –10 hours sleep a night.
Getting into routines at home for study will help your child succeed.